FAITH FORMATION 2021-2022 SIGN UPS ARE NOW OPEN!
Inspired by "The Little Way" of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, our Faith Formation program helps children discover the beauty of our faith as they foster a love of God with little acts of love along the way.
Welcome! Fr. Chris Tozzi, Harrison Trubitt, and our entire Youth Ministry and catechetical team welcome you to our Faith Formation program. We hope that you find all the information you need here and if not, please do not hesitate to call or email us!
Our Faith Formation program is back to an in-person format this year! We have our first sessions coming up on September 29th and September 30th. But, sign-up today (Online Payment info is included in this form)!!!
- Weekly classes for children not enrolled in a Catholic school.
- Classes begin: September 29th, 2021
- In-person Classes are offered on Wednesdays (1st - 6th grades & STAR) and Thursdays (1st - 4th grades & STAR) from 4:15 to 5:30 pm
- All materials needed for the classes are provided.
- There is a registration fee. However, no child will be turned away for financial reasons.
- 1st, 3rd-6th grade: $100
- First Communion Year (2nd grade or STAR): $150
- Registration fees for faith formation covers books, supplies, operating expenses, seasonal activities, and related expenses. Payment must accompany registration.
First Communion and First Reconciliation
Our Sacramental Prep (First Reconciliation & First Communion) program is a two year process that begins in first grade and completes in second grade. We also have class options for those beginning their First Communion journey post first/second grade.
STAR Program - First Communion preparation for students in 3rd-6th grades
At St. Thérèse of Carmel we also offer first communion preparation for students past second grade. If your child is beginning their journey with the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist at an older age they are able to be registered in our STAR program (Scripture, Tradition, and Rites) where they will learn about the faith with other students their age and who are at the same place in their faith journey as they are.
Their first year enrolled in our Faith Formation program will be with their regular academic grade, and then in their second year of preparation (the year they receive the sacrament) they will sign up for STAR.
To register your child for Sacramental Preparation (2nd Grade or STAR), please submit the following to the parish office or online:
- Sacramental Preparation Registration Form
- Copy of child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Sacramental Fees
***IMPORTANT: Your child is not considered registered for First Communion until a registration form & payment is verified. Baptismal Certificate must be submitted to the Parish Office via email or in person. ***
PLEASE CONTACT THE PARISH OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS:
Address: 4355 Del Mar Trails Rd., San Diego, CA 92130