Inspired by "The Little Way" of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, our Faith Formation program helps children discover the beauty of our faith as they foster a love of God with little acts of love along the way.
Fr. Chris Tozzi and the staff at St. Thérèse of Carmel welcome you to our Faith Formation program. We hope that you find all the information you need here and if not, please do not hesitate to call or email us!
Our Faith Formation Year will begin in an online format for the first two months of classes, during the Christmas break we will re-evaluate whether or not we will hold in person classes for the remainder of the school year.
- Weekly classes for children not enrolled in a Catholic school.
- Classes begin: October 20th, 2020
- On-line Classes are offered on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4:30 to 6:00pm in 30 minute block depending on grade (note: not all grades will be offered each day).
- All materials needed for the classes are provided.
- There is a registration fee, however, no child would be turned away for financial reasons.
On-line Class Schedule
Classes Begin October 20th, 2020
|First Grade: 4:30pm - 5:00pm||Second Grade: 5:00pm - 5:30pm||First Grade: 4:30pm - 5:00pm|
|Second Grade: 5:00pm - 5:30pm||Third Grade: 5:30pm - 6:00pm||Second Grade: 5:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Third Grade: 5:30pm - 6:00pm||Fourth, Fifth, & Sixth Grade: 5:30pm - 6:00pm||Fourth, Fifth, & Sixth Grade: 5:30pm - 6:00pm|
- 1st, 3rd-6th grade: $120.
- First Communion Year: $210.
- Registration fees for faith formation covers books, supplies, operating expenses, seasonal activities, and related expenses. Payment must accompany registration.
First Communion and First Reconciliation
Our Sacramental Prep (First Reconciliation & First Communion) program is a two year process that begins in first grade and completes in second grade. We also have class options for those beginning their First Communion journey post first/second grade.
At St. Therese of Carmel we also offer first communion preparation for students outside of second grade. If your child is beginning their journey with the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist at an older age they are able to be registered in our STAR program (Scripture, Tradition, and Rites) where they will learn about the faith with other students their age and who are at the same place in their faith journey as they are.
To register your child for Sacramental Preparation, please submit the following to the parish office or online:
- Sacramental Preparation Registration Form
- Copy of child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Sacramental Fees
***IMPORTANT: Your child is not considered registered for First Communion until a registration form, payment is verified. Baptismal Certificate must be submitted to the Parish Office. ***
PLEASE CONTACT THE PARISH OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS:
Address: 4355 Del Mar Trails Rd., San Diego, CA 92130